The FUNDABAC® candle filter has captivated users all over the world for its exceptional design and operation simplicity. The unique cloverleaf shaped candle element design of this tubular pressure filter is at the heart of the self cleaning FUNDABAC® filter system. This design allows for efficient solid-liquid separation resulting in a polishing grade filtrate while guaranteeing adherence of the filter cake to the cloth throughout the entire filtration cycle, as well as effective and automatic cake discharge. Once the clean filtrate has passed through the filter cloth, it flows into the perforated peripheral tubes and then down to the bottom of the candle, before rising in the central tube toward the registers.
Regardless whether the solids discharge is in slurry or a dry cake form, it is achieved by a rapid counter-current flow and pressure from the inside of the candle. The patented candle structure accentuates the effect of this counter-current flow. A quick-pulse air or nitrogen (gas) blowback results in a rapid flexing of the filter media away from the candle. This breaks the cake away from the filter media, causing it to fall from the candle to the bottom of the filter vessel.
The FUNDABAC® candle filter is perfectly suited for automatic operation via PLC or DCS. This ensures reliable product quality and reproducible batch filtration. It is designed to operate in the absence of any moving parts. As a result, maintenance requirements and costs are extremely low. The use of new synthetic materials, particularly filter internals, contributes to reliable operation and long life of the filters. For inquiries or further information, please have a look at our Downloads page.
- Unique cloverleaf shaped candle element design
- High solids capture efficiency
- Sub-micron particle retention capability
- Can be designed to work by using filter aid (precoat, body feed) according the needs
- Uniform filter cakes dependably adhere to the filter cloths
- Slurry or dry cake discharge
- Patented heel volume filtration ensures minimal liquid loss
- Can be designed to recovery valuable precious metals/catalysts
- Effective cake washing can be implemented as an additional process step
- Fully enclosed design and automatic operation means virtually no operator intervention of materials contact
- Virtually no operating costs
- Lab and pilot units readily available for testing under the supervision of trained field service representatives
Press play to see our FUNDABAC® in operation